For starters, go to your favorite search engine to look for the following tools: 1) a free Clickbank account, 2) a free Blogger account, 3) a free keyword research tool and 4) a free text editor.
Follow these next steps to establish a good foundation and earn easy income:
1. Do keyword research. Once you have your free tool, do a search for low competition keywords. These will have less than 5,000 competing pages at Google (if entered between quotation marks) and more than 300 searches a month. Aim to find 5-10 solid keywords surrounding the same topic. The goal is to find keywords that earn a first page ranking with Yahoo, Google and Msn.
If you’re having trouble deciding which market to target, begin checking common phrases such as: tips, how to, purchase, help, cure…etc.
2. Promote a digital product. Use Clickbank.com to find a product that is related to your topic. You’ll want it to pay at least $15-20. Once you’ve generated your affiliate link be sure to write it down.
3. Use article writing. Create an informative article with the focus on each of your keywords that is about 400 words in length. Then, include your keyword in the title as well as the first and the last paragraph. Also, be sure to include it throughout the article. You may also want to use a couple other keywords that are relevant to your topic. The goal here is to get a good rank with the search engines.
Consider the bio box to be of highest importance, which contains information about you as well as a link to your blog. If you include your keyword in your bio box it will serve as an anchor text link to your blog as well.
4. Set up a blog. Sometimes you may find that the article directories no longer allow affiliate links in the bio box. Therefore, ultimately your blog will be the place people end up. When setting up your blog, the focus is to keep it simple while acting as a pre-sell page for your product so that people are directed to click your Clickbank affiliate link to find out more. It’s a good idea to create a blog for each product that you promote, while giving it a name that pertains to your keyword.
5. Submit your articles. Don’t settle for an article directory that has a PR of less than 5. These ones are favored by Google, which is good for first page rankings as well as large amounts of traffic. Start by posting an article a day to each directory without repeating the article among directories. EzineArticles.com and Goarticles.com are good choices to use. Just make sure that the articles are not lacking in quality.
Article marketing is all about numbers. More articles will equal more money! Keep in mind that not every product will be profitable. So, try out a new product each week while submitting 5-10 articles each time.
These five simple steps are tried and true in the strategies of affiliate marketing. In just a short amount of time you will soon experience residual income benefits that are likely to last.