You’ve decided to join a Network Marketing Company and the first thing your well-meaning upline leader tells you to do is to make a list of all your friends and family. After making your list, you eagerly contact everyone on the list to introduce them to your newly found “life changing opportunity” and to invite them to a meeting to learn more. After being rejected by many if not everyone on your list or even worse they promise to show up to a meeting and don’t, you decide that Network Marketing isn’t right for you. Your business ends before it ever had a chance to get started.
Before soliciting your friends and family did you ask yourself these three questions:
1. Are my friends and family qualified leads?
2. Do they have the money to join a Network Marketing Company?
3. Do they want to join a Network Marketing Company?
Mike Dillard has a quote that goes something like this “Network Marketing is an industry of promotion and marketing that is predominantly ran by distributors who have no idea how to market and promote.” Like so many others, I too struggled initially in Network Marketing from listening to the advice of my upline leader who built her business more than 10 years ago using old strategies such as cold calling, the three-foot rule and chasing after friends and family. It wasn’t until I learned and began to use attraction marketing that I was able to build a sustainable business.
Attraction marketing simply means attracting people into your business who want to join your business or who want to purchase your products and services because you built a relationship before promoting your opportunity and provided them with value. People will be naturally attracted to you by what you have to offer them and you will not have to chase after prospects again. Additionally, using attraction marketing strategies also allows you to brand yourself as an expert in your field. Lastly, it establishes trust and credibility with your readers.
Three Reasons Why Some People Fail At Attraction Marketing:
1. Many Network Marketers get overwhelmed by Attraction Marketing strategies and fail to FOCUS or Follow One Course Until Successful. Attraction Marketing has many components and Network Marketers especially beginners must realize that one cannot be an expert at everything. Therefore, it is best to select one strategy and stick to it until you master it.
2. Many Network Marketers fail to give value to their prospects. Providing value can be giving information to your prospects or helping them solve a problem. In order to provide value, you must first know who your target market is. Secondly, you must figure out what information you can provide to your target market that will be of value to them. Lastly, you need to know which attraction marketing strategy will be best to reach your target market.
3. Many Network Marketers lack patience and persistence. It takes time to develop your skills and talents. It does not happen overnight. Depending on the amount of time and effort you are devoting to your business it may take months before you enroll your first prospect. The key is to continue to work hard, continue to develop your skills, keep a positive mind-set and to be persistent.