Summer in the Indian subcontinent can be unpleasant because of the extreme heat. Furthermore, the increase in temperature around the globe has transformed the months of March through August into a hell pit. However, can this hinderance stop those like us, with a dazzling light of technology in their hands to live comfortably? NO WAY! Technology has provided us with a cover to shield us from the scorching sun in shape of an air conditioning, or AC. With this machine it is possible to continue the routine of our lives comfortably whether it’s studying or company meetings, even in the summer heat.
Test the Air conditioner to determine the best air conditioner by answering a few questions, without having to read any buying guides.
What an AC is
AC, also known as air conditioner, is an electronic device that allows you to control the temperature in your space as per your preference. Simply set an appropriate temperature, which is higher or lower than the temperature outside after which, over time you’ll achieve the exact level of heat.
How it functions
An AC is a type of air conditioner that works the same way as the fridge or refrigerator at home however, to a greater degree. The distinction is that instead of taking heat away from the food items stored in the fridge and absorbing the heat of the entire room. Then , it lowers the temperature by means of a refrigerant. The chemical substance is vaporized after it absorbs some of the temperature of the room, and the remaining heat is emitted through the exhaustion panels that is part of the gadget. In this manner, it assists you in getting warm and comfortable in the scorching summer heat. In this cooling process, the indoor unit creates the waste water, which is then drained out. The draining of of water from an air conditioner is a sign that the that the air conditioner is functioning correctly.
The types of air conditioners
Based on the location where the blower and compressor are mounted the air conditioners are divided into two types.
- Split AC
- Window AC
- Portable AC
Split AC, as the name suggests, consists of two units. One is mounted outside the house (on the wall) and the other installed inside the home room. The outside unit comprises condenser, compressor and inside the unit is a blower.Compressor is connected to the blower via a connecting pipe that runs across the walls. The compressor draws air from outside , making it cool before passing on to blower. Blower releases cool air into the room.
The split AC is more attractive than other AC models, and it is split AC is perfectly suited to cool bedrooms and even large spaces like commercial and halls.
Where do you place split AC
Split AC is able to be installed virtually anywhere within the home. It has more flexibility for installation than other models. However, the only thing you must consider that the area where you intend to install it. Split AC must have an external wall that can be exposed.
Benefits of split AC
- Split AC is the ideal choice for bedrooms since split AC makes less noise since it condenser and compressor are situated in the outside and makes a lot of noise.
- It can be put in any room. There is no need to think about windows, frames are present in the room.
- Split AC adds aesthetic, aesthetics and a good appearance to the room.
The disadvantages of split AC
- Split AC is usually more expensive than other AC varieties like window AC.
- Moving, shifting and reallocating Split AC is much hard task and costly.
It is a single unit that has a blower and compressor inside. Window AC is installed inside the window frame. The AC’s blower side is facing within the room, while the opposite side faces out into the to the outside.
Advantages of Window AC
- Simple installation. Reallocating, shifting and shifting window AC is much more simple and is a good fit in the budget. There is no need to replenish the compressor’s gas tank when you shift with Window Ac, whereas it was required for Split AC.
- Economical. Price range starts at 25,000 Rs in India.
Disadvantages of Split AC
- Loud noise when running
- Window AC disturbs room aesthetics
|Split AC||Window AC|
|Wall-mounted||The window frame is mounted on it.|
cost range is 22,000 to 45,000
Price range 18,000-26,000
|Flexible installation to be installed anywhere||Only suitable for spaces with windows,|
It is ideal for people who move houses often
|Less noise level||More Noise|
Portable AC (Very new in India)
Portable AC is portable , just like an air coolers. Portable AC can move from one place to the next quickly, whereas windows or split AC can’t. Portable AC is the best choice for houses where there isn’t the possibility of installing split or window AC or those who reside in a house that is rented and often relocating from place to the next location. You can even move the rooms with portable AC within your house as you’d like.
Where can you install portable AC
Everywhere in the home, as an air cooler you just need to place the an air hose in the window. A plastic hose comes with AC however, you will need to connect it to the AC and then place the other end in the window with the window kit that comes with AC. This is the Wikihow tutorial for AC installation in portable units.
Advantages of Portable AC
- Moving and reallocating is simple. You just need to pack boxes of cardboard and then move them out. It’s that easy. There’s no need for a technician.
- There is no need to stay in one place. In just 10 minutes, you can move AC to another room.
Disadvantages of Portable AC
- Because portable AC is relatively new in India and is costly and there are no well-known brand available in India. Lloyd 1 Ton Lp12TN Air Conditioner is the only one of a well-known brand, portable ACs that are available in India.
First , inverter AC does not mean that it operates on an inverter, or even during electric power cuts. It is a technology called an inverter that converts AC current into DC current, which is then used to regulate the speed of compressor operation.
Traditional non-inverter air conditioner motor may go “on” and “of”. In contrast, an inverter AC compressors are always in an “On”state. Even though, the it is true that the inverter AC compressor is on all the time, it helps save energy a lot. When you change to non-inverter AC the compressor is running at high speeds in order to keep the space to the temperature desired. When the temperature is attained it shuts down it’s compressor. When the temperature of the room increases it will start the compressor again. The compressor has gone “On” and “Off” repeatedly.
Whereas. Inverter AC compressor motor will always be “On”. When you switch to the inverter AC the compressor motor begins to run at high speed , allowing it to keep the room cool to the temperature desired. Once the desired temperature is achieved it doesn’t stop the motor, rather it is running the motor at a slow speed to ensure that the temperature of the room is always remains at the temperature desired.
When the compressor for the air conditioner motor turns on it draws the maximum amount of energy. Also, the conventional non-inverter AC which has its mother switch between “On” and “Off” and ‘Off’, naturally consumes more power. Inverter AC motor runs continuously running therefore there are no power peak and it saves energy a lot. Inverter technology works just similar to the car accelerator. When the compressor requires greater power, the system will give more power. When compressor is not in need of power, it offers less power. Since the it is an inverter AC compressor is constantly running and it controls the speed of the compressor motor, power consumption and even the room temperature.
|Non-inverter AC||Inverter AC|
|Compressor motor is always||On and Off||Always On|
|Consumption of electricity||More||Less|
|Make sure to get to the temperature you want||Time is taken to complete the task.||Quickly|
|The life expectancy of appliances||Moderate||High|
Overall , inverter AC can save electricity and provides fast cooling. Inverter AC performs superiorly than other BEE five star rating AC.
Size and capacity of AC
The right size of air conditioner is a difficult task. The larger air conditioner cools the space quicker than normal, but is a huge energy consumer, while smaller air conditioners have to be working hard to cool the room. It also which consumes a lot of electricity even though it’s efficient in cooling the room effectively.
The capacity of the AC depends on the dimensions of the space. Before purchasing an AC it is important to determine the necessary AC size? Measure the area of the room. For India, Air Conditioner size is measured in tonnes, while in other countries, they employ BTU (British Thermal Unit). We will summarize the necessary AC size based on the room square feet.
|Room size||Requires AC size|
|0 to 80 Sq Ft||0.75 tons|
|80 to 120 Sq Ft||1 ton|
|120 to 190 Sq Ft||1.5 ton|
|190 to 300 Sq Ft||2 ton|
In this article, we will discuss the other elements that influence how much Air Conditioner size. For example, if you’re located in a tropical zone in which the temperature during summer is higher than 40 degrees Celsius windows are covered with greater than 25 Sq. Ft. This allows for more sunlight and warm air to enter the space. In the following table If any of the scenarios is compatible then raise the Sq. Ft by 30% when the calculation of the required capacity of the air conditioner.
- Ceiling height of the room is greater that 10 Sq. Ft
- The room is surrounded by windows. windows are greater than 25 Sq. Ft
- Room located on the 3rd level and directly above or next to the terrace
- Temperatures in summer that exceed 40 degrees celcius
- AC compressor mounted in the direction of the sun.
- Room walls that are directly exposed to sunlight
Aluminium coil vs Copper coil
In air conditioners, coils, they transform gas refrigerant into liquid refrigerant, and vice the reverse. This helps to chill the space. Coils are made of aluminium or copper based according to the manufacture. In comparison to aluminum coil vs copper coil the copper coil has a high heat transfer , is less corrosiveand high coil strength. While the only positive aspect of the aluminum coil is that it is that it is more affordable and less expensive than copper coil.
A built-in filter can remove invisible contaminants like dust mites pollen, bacteria and other allergens. In the end, it creates a refreshing rooms. The filters prevent dust mites from accumulating on the internal parts of the AC and also helps extend the lifespan of AC.
The mesh filters help keep dust mites to evaporate in your home. Dust particles that stick to the filters. To ensure better performance, users need to wash these filters with pure water at least once a month, based on the use.
The built-in room heater provides the warm feeling of winter with just one click. It is not necessary to purchase or keep a room heater running in winter. Just a click, AC converts into cooling mode.
Dehumidification can remove excess moisture from the space. Like in the fall and spring seasons, rooms covers with a high concentration of moisture. It can also result in sweating, sticking, and creates a microbiological in the environment. Dehumidifiers remove excess moisture and provides a cozy, comfy feel.
Auto Clean Function
It prevents development of mold and bacteria on the internal components that affect AC cooling efficiency and increases AC lifespan.
AC stores the user’s preference for temperature settings in its memory chip, and can adjusts the temperature in response to adjust for changes in conditions such as humidity or temperature. A few advanced air conditioners determines the number of people living in a space based on body temperature and adjusts the cooling temperature accordingly.
SMS gone, AC on
The general rule is that air conditioners require between 10 and 15 minutes to cook to warm the area. This feature lets you change to AC within a the time you get home from the outside via SMS sent to selected air conditioner’s number. When you get home, you’ll experience a cool, refreshing air and this happens without any time.
As with all other devices air conditioners are made by a number of reliable and well-known businesses. Since it’s a common use of device it is best to go for a well-known brand rather than doing some experiment buying (after all, the experiences of previous customers can be considered). In this regard it is possible to visit the showrooms of the listed manufacturers: LG, Electrolux, Champagne, Whirlpool, General, Samsung, Symphony, and Voltas. If you’re looking for an Indian brand then you can pick from Godrej. Each of these brands has been proven to be durable in the last few years.
Electricity Consumption Calculation
An 1.5 Ton split air and window AC costs you different depending on the efficiency rate is different and shows various stars. In general, an 8-hour working AC costs Rs. 7.00 daily. It also varies in accordance with the temperature you require and the temperature outside. Learn more about the air conditioner’s tips for energy savings.
Just a few years back air conditioners were thought of as a prodigal item. However, the increase in their demand as a result of global warming and subsequent manufacturing of factories has put this highly sought-after and expensive item within our fingertips. Today, it is possible to purchase a new air conditioner for affordable prices. The cost of 1 ton AC begins at Rs.25000 and can go up to Rs.35000.On another hand, the cost of 1.5 ton is between 30k and 45k, and 40k-52k will give you two tons of AC. If you want to get an inverter model then you need to extend your budget.
A few important tips to consider when it comes to your air conditioner
- Pick the appropriate size of AC to the room you are in. A bigger AC will cool the space faster, but it’ll increase your electric bill. We shouldn’t throw the resources we have do we?
- Take a moment to study on the costs. Although we’ve given you an idea in the past, they could be different depending on the location.
- The place where you purchase the AC from, whether it be a retailer or an actual showroom or not, you should examine the machine carefully prior to registering one as your own. This will assure you that there’s no issue within the machine.
- If you’d like to have windows for your AC, ensure that your space has a suitable size window located in a good location to place your AC in.
- If you are a fan of an air conditioner split make sure to take the amount of windows in your space in mind. The excessive air circulation can cause a disruption to the cooling rate.
- Because ACs require regular maintenance, you must renew the service contact with the company (in the majority of cases, there is a four-times-a- year contact) at the earliest opportunity.
- Like all electrical devices Like all electrical appliances, your AC must be shielded from excessive heat and dust.
- If you intend to purchase an AC for a long time and for personal use, consider to get an inverter. While it may cost more, it’ll give you more time to use. Additionally, window AC’s and split air ones could be taken care of by new inverter air conditioners soon.
- To purchase an efficient and low-energy consuming AC be sure to examine your EER(Energy Efficiency Ratio) label. BEE gives stars to ACs in accordance with this label, and can range from 1 to five stars. To help you decide which one is most suitable for you.
These are the most important facts on air cooling. All you need to do is visit the local showrooms or go to the internet for a site to purchase the perfect set. Make sure to grab your AC in time for the summer’s arrival, if you can! It’s the most efficient method of deciding on the best items without having to go through buying guides.