As we’ve all read before, “The money is in the list.” In my mind, that translates to “The more visitors you can drive to your website, the more people will join your list, and ultimately the more products you will sell.”. It’s all a numbers game – and the best numbers game in internet marketing is viral marketing, a geometric progression of visitors, subscribers, and buyers. One of the most valuable viral marketing salesmen available today are ebooks.
• Because prepared and used properly your ebook will contain not only your marketing message, but also a link to your website and your affiliate links to other websites — all of which are intended to take your marketing viral and drive money to your bank account.
• Because, if created with lots of quality content in a clear and readable fashion, your ebook can reach a multitude of visitors, referrals, and subscribers. If someone downloads your ebook, reads it, and finds the contents useful, he will tell his friends and subscribers about it, they will tell their associates about it, and your marketing and affiliate links will go viral very quickly.
• Because creating an ebook is relative inexpensive, since there are no material costs or publication fees. Your time and creativity are the only costs, and the benefits are endless. If you have already written some articles about the subject you are promoting, just combine them into an ebook. If, on the other hand, you don’t want to do your own writing find a rebrandable E-book produced by someone else. Just enter “rebrandable ebook” into your favorite search engine and you will find a lot of books to choose from.
• Because ebooks can also work to sell products other than the one you originally targeted. For example; if you are selling a cookbook, your readers might also be interested in aprons, pots and pans,or cooking utensils as well.
• Because you can build a good reputation with a quality ebook. If your reader finds your ebook interesting and informative, he will most likely pass it on to others with a recommendation that you provide good information. On the negative side, if your ebook is full of fluff and not much real content, your reader will either tell is friends not to download your products or he will ignore it completely and move on to another product.
• And because you can sell your ebooks and make good money.
So where do you begin to build a viral ebook?
First you either write the book, hire someone else to write the book, or find a book you can rebrand. There are rebrandable ebooks available on just about any subject you can imagine and many you wouldn’t think of. And many of these can be rebranded to your website and your affiliate links.
In addition to having lots of good text and images in your book, you also must check your spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Make sure you customize your ebook with your own links. Another tip: Put a list of resources at the end of your book – resources that also connect to your websites or to your affiliate websites. If you giveaway or sell a product with someone else’s links in it, your marketing is putting money in their pockets, not in yours.
And also check every link to make sure each one goes where you want it to. If even one doesn’t work, your reader is likely to question the accuracy of other information you present.
If your viral ebook is a freebie, make sure you prominently tell your readers that they too are free to give it away. Let them know that they can post it on their site as a free download, that they can use it as a bonus, and that they can bundle it with other products. This is the way to create viral marketing for your products or services.
Create an original, colorful cover for your ebook. If you search for “ebook cover” you will find lots of templates, software,and ideas — some free and some not — that will help you create your ebook cover.
Get your ebook listed in as many places as possible on the internet — in giveaways (if it’s a free product), in ebook directories, on your blog, in membership sites, and in ebook stores. Many ebook stores and ebook directories will let you post it for free, and will even be happier if you put a link to their site inside. The more places you can get it listed, the more likely it is to go viral. And if it’s a for sale book, get affiliates to help you market it too.
Be sure you capture your visitor’s name and email address in exchange for your ebook. List building is one of the first steps along the internet marketing path, so don’t give your viral product away without first building a squeeze page. Once a visitor signs up to download your ebook, you not only have a person to market to but you also have a person interested in your product or service. Presto! Your list just grew.
In addition to using your ebook as a “thank you” for checking out your website, you can also use it as a bonus for purchasing another of your products and as an incentive for joining your affiliate program.
Next, to learn more about this and other viral marketing techniques, download your Free Internet Marketing Library at [http://www.infoproductpowerhouse.com]. Here you will find seven content-filled ebooks with tons of ideas to generate traffic to your website and at the same time start yourself off on the right foot to a thriving online business.