First , inverter AC does not mean that it operates on an inverter, or runs in electric power cuts. It utilizes an inverter technology that converts AC current into DC current, which then regulates the compressor’s speed of operation. Check out our Air conditioner selector to find the best air conditioner by asking simple questions without reading a buying instructions.
The Inverter AC how it functions
Traditional non-inverter air conditioner motors can be found in “on” or “of”. While, an inverter AC compressors are always in an “On”state. While the it is true that the inverter AC compressor is on all the time, it helps save energy a lot. When you change to non-inverter AC the compressor is running at a high rate so that the area is cooled down to the temperature desired. When the temperature is attained the compressor stops its motor. When the temperature of the room increases the compressor is started again. The compressor has gone “On” as well as “Off” over and over again.
Whereas. the inverter AC compressor motor will always be “On”. When the switch is turned on for the inverter AC the compressor motor begins to run at a high speed in order to keep the room cool to the temperature desired. Once the desired temperature is achieved it does not stop the motor, rather it operates the motor at a low speed to ensure that the temperature of the room is always remains at the temperature desired.
When the compressor for the air conditioner motor is turned on it uses peak energy. Also, the conventional non-inverter AC which has its mother switch between “On” and “Off” is obviously consuming more energy. Inverter AC motor runs continuously running therefore there are no power spikes and you save electricity in the long run. Inverter technology functions as the car accelerator. When the compressor requires additional power, it provides more power. When compressor requires less power, it offers less power. Since the an inverter AC compressor motors are always running and it controls the speed of the motor and energy consumption, and temperature of the room.
BEE star rated Air Conditioners
BEE (Bureau of Efficiency in Energy) is an agency under the Government of India, under the Ministry of Power created in March 2002.
- BEE gives energy ratings in the form of stars, ranging from one star to five stars for appliances for homes.
- BEE rating depends on effectiveness of AC. It is determined by the amount of annual energy used by AC per unit of volume it cools. Speculated formula on energy efficiency will be like (k*annual-energy-consumption + c) / AC-capacity Where k and c are adjustment constants.
- BEE five star-rated AC is superior to BEE 4 star rating AC. Similar to that, BEE 4-star rated AC are more efficient than BEE three star-rated AC in terms of the power consumption.
- BEE is updating these ratings often, usually every year or twice in a. This means that the 5-star rating AC of 2011 actually was rated 3 stars in the year 2016. This change is intended to ensure the highest energy efficiency standards since technology is upgraded every year. Check out the recently revised BEE rating information report for more information on this.
A brief comparison between inverter AC and non-inverter Ac is provided below.
|Features||5 star AC||Inverter AC|
|Price||Less||Hgh, at minimum 20% high when compared to AC that is 5 stars rated|
|Speed of the compressor||Fixed||Variable|
|Auto shut down of the compressor||Yes, turn off the compressor and then switch it on.||No|
|Noise level||More Noise||Less noises|
|The process begins||Consumes very much power when you begin the refrigerator||Consumes less power once you turn on the refrigerator.|
|BEE star ratings||5 stars||Not given|
|Distribution of cooling liquids and cooling effectiveness||Highly efficient||Not sure, it is dependent on the model and manufacturer.|
Inverter AC vs normal 5 star AC
If you are looking to purchase an automobile. There are two kinds of vehicles, Car-A and Car B. Car-A is a normal engine However, the engine of the car as well as every other aspect of the car are optimized to the point that it can achieve very high mileage. The mileage is measured in a laboratory, published in newspapers and then verified by other reliable third-party sources.
The Car-B is a superior engine and, therefore, will provide more mileage. However, the issue is the mileage has not been measured anywhere. There are no reports are made on mileage. Nobody knows what could be the actual mileage. Even if the engine is equipped with better mileage technology however, if the wind aerodynamics are not properly designed and the correct tyres aren’t utilized, the overall vehicle body weight increases, and it will result in lower mileage. Car-B’s cost is 20% higher than Car-A.
So, which one will you pick? Car-A, the normal engine that has measured mileage or Car-B with higher engine, but no mileage? We recommend you take Car-A.
- It’s the same with respect to the performance that applies to Inverter AC. Because of this particular nature of a variable speed compressors inverter AC aren’t given BEE stars. This is the biggest drawback to inverter ACs.
- The power consumption is based on the compressor the cooling liquid’s HFC (Hydro Fluoro Carbon) efficiency and energy loss during the transfer of cooling liquid, and the materials that are used to make.
- Based on compressor efficiency, inverter AC beat five stars graded AC. However, that doesn’t mean that inverter ACs use less power than five star ACs. What happens if inverter ACs were not using efficient cooling liquids? This will not be recorded because there are no BEE stars.
- With this latest trend of inverter technology, BEE has introduced new ways to rate which inverter AC can be evaluated. Learn more at Hindu newspaper. The BEE ratings will be known India seasonal energy Efficiency Ratio (ISEER). Manufacturers are able to opt-in to this system, but the ratings will be strictly enforced beginning in January 1, 2018.
Inverter air conditioners have disadvantages.
As we’ve mentioned previously, BEE five star ratings do not apply to inverter ACs. Even if you pay a expensive prices for inverter ACs you don’t know the amount of energy it uses. In January 2018, new ISEER ratings will be available for inverter ACs as well. In the meantime, it’s better to wait and choose 5-star rated ACs. In addition, inverter AC cost is 20 percent higher than typical AC cost too.
Inverter air conditioner cost is compared to a 5 star rated air conditioner prices
We’ve gathered 1.5 Ton ACs of various brands and compared the costs against each other for your convenience.
|Brand||5 star AC price (1.5 Ton)||Inverter AC price (1.5 Ton)|
It is clear it is that Inverter AC cost is 20% higher than normal AC cost.
It’s the best method to choose the right products you want without having to read buying guides.